Academic Support Programs and Staff
Student achievement is foremost at the John B. Stetson Charter School. Additional Professional Support Staff include:
- Speech Therapist
- School Psychologist
- School Counselor
- Basic Skills/Technology teacher
- Full-Time EL/SSL/Special Education Teacher
Tutoring is available for struggling students once a week.
Special education services are provided according to the educational needs of the child, not the category of disability. Types of services that may be available, depending upon the child’s disability and needs might include, but are not limited to:
(1) learning support
(2) life skills support
(3) emotional support
(4) deaf or hearing-impaired support
(5) blind or visually impaired support
(6) physical support
(7) autistic support
(8) multiple disabilities support
(9) speech and language support
(10) extended school year support; and
(11) vision support.
This is a team decision, which includes the Charter School and the Parents.